Reports of life in Newquay, Cornwall 2016 - 2018

 

2 years have passed and it's about time i got out of this damn town, I mean i should have seen it coming really i had many great years of living in Scotland relaxed and stress free, I made the move to get back in touch with Social life and enjoy another side away from the pursuit of glory on the Comp Snowboard scene, I guess i can see now just how much my life was very much disconnected to all of the bs of daily reality. I've been fighting to stay in touch with the person i am since i moved to this place, The usual jealousy bitterness and just all round attempts to make my life crap is nothing i wouldn't expect or had to overcome before which is why i've come out of a complicated two years still with my mind on the same rails but as determined and as focused as ever to be in the right place with the people who bring out the best of me.


I thought i had seen it all in Manchester which was the reason i decided to leave my home city in the first place, I never expected an easy ride but i've never seen such a disjointed confusing place in all my times of travel anywhere in the world, I could never call it home because i'm just far removed from what makes here convenient and comfortable for others. Living remote can be fun and very rewarding for mental and physical strength learning to adapt in the wilderness and pushing yourself to explore new terrain as i found in Glencoe but here i don't see any reason to be cut off from the rest of the world except for comfort in familiarity which is something i've never cared for all that much anyway, I was looking for some kind of scene which i thought i never had up in Scotland but in reality i was in the middle of the outdoors Scene with some of the most inspiring and intrepid people i could ever meet, The scene doesn't exist here beyond a few close knit friendship circles, I guess you figure where you fit in. 





I've always been a wanderer and two years ago i should have continued on my pursuit in sports in Europe without distraction, Yeah i've had fun throughout the summer and the social side has released some dormant energy inside me but i also believe it was a year too long. I admit i got a bit comfortable in routine and was happy to just spend the money believing i always had the time in the world to just slowly reach an end goal within saving for something new but after a recent set back trying to land a late Job for the season in Andorra i realized that time is not a given and i can't just wait for things to come around anymore i have to take myself onto the frontline and battle it out and possibly lose but at least be relevant along the way.


The freedom to skate wherever and whenever without being run down by police or stared down by the rest of the public has been nice here and has been a great challenge really pushing my fitness and allowing me to use snowboard skills and crossover into skateboarding so it's been very useful and productive in terms of confidence and strength, The skate areas now feel a bit dead because i've burnt out so much it's just become too samey and i've pushed what i can out of most areas in the town although just a few weeks back i found a few amazing hills to bomb as a kind of swan song .


A big thing i missed a lot whilst living in Scotland was the music and club scene, I've always been used to just hitting the town in random nights of the week in my hometown Manchester and it's been great to get back in touch with that side here as music still remains pretty close to the heart from times drumming, Producing and Mixing vinyl when i was younger, In fact with skating and the music nights here i have been inspired to get back into music again in the future, I don't ask for much in life but a new drum kit and a Vestax Deck setup again would bring me a lot of happiness, Maybe when i've found a place to call permanently home, We have had some good classic nights out though and really made the most of it and been back in touch with the evil goat Jägermeister ! 




I'm not perfect but i don't think i've done anything to deserve the hard times i've had in this town, I maybe had some karma hanging over me from the past but after i threw myself off my Motorbike back in Manchester a few months before leaving for Cornwall and the endurance and determination in the depths of winter to ride to and from Tamworth Snow dome, The times i got lost in the hills of Buxton in the middle of night and yard saled half of my snow gear somewhere down the M4 i thought i would finally be able to find balance and stability, Guess not and i leave here the same way it started fighting some mad problems and drama i didn't create except being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Luckily the strength inside can see beyond this town and i'm in the mood to fight back again, I can't change the world but i can change my own .

Comments

Popular Posts

Music