Glencoe, Scotland - FWQ and life in the highland

The last few day have been pretty tragic on my plans, The first plan was to go and watch the freeride world tour in Chamonix, i was all set, made my way to the airport, waited long times for the switch board to tell me which gate i need to go for the flight, 5 minutes was around an hour just to be updated with the horror that the flight had been cancelled! so my whole trip was screwed up as i had to make it for the coach in Geneva really early way before the first flight the next day, so i made my way back home and lost all my money too as the tour package was non-refundable : ( I still had 5 days off so i decided to check the forest for Scotland and made a last minute road trip up to Glencoe. Anyway i arrived in Scotland early morning to find the resort is closed due to high wind etc and will it’s been closed ever since so i haven't really done much but chill in the hotel, i have 1 day left so I’m still holding onto some hope! the other day i walked around 12 miles through the mountains, i made it back ok though as I’m here writing right now but I was pretty beat towards the end and day had turned to night by the time i reached the hotel 3 hours later, the scenery though was incredible so i guess it was all worth it in the end. I've been to many mountains but not many are as dramatic and wild as Glencoe and it might not be big but size isn't everything, well to some girls maybe it is!

Below is a Picture Diary of my times living and visiting in Scotland over the years 




Highlight : Glencoe Pass Road 



On the path to the Twin Beaches, Gigha, Hebrides



Road Blocks in Gigha


My favourite place on the island and where i was tented up for the night



Glencoe Village 


Lossiemouth Beach



The Locals outside the SYHA


Hiking Pal i met on mountain,we found a prime view


Needs No Introduction, Etive in Summer


the pass going through the pass


Isle Of Gigha just me and this random dog


The bike and me on the way to Gigha


Looking out over Appin


It was a long difficult ride, but worth it for this beach gem


The Back Roads of Etive, surprising amount of logging behind there



Grim looking day, wind was horrible but still amazing views 








Glenfinnan Viaduct, The Harry Potter one


Views from the Viaduct


Back of Glencoe, we finally went down this one end of season




I can't remember where this was but i was lost on the motorbike in highland


Famous Grouse


A snowy Etive Walk in Winter


My Old bike next to Appin




Glencoe Pass


Bus to Glencoe In Winter





Walking the pass



Visitors outside the Kingshouse 







Me on my way to comp on the bus!



The Coe Cup Competition with Danko


A  Powder day Snowy Glencoe Ski Resort











amazing sunset on the way back from Fort William 


Earning the turns at the Coe



Walk back into coe Village, beautiful in Winter











Back of coe on my very first Motorbike, Skyfall 007 Road 










Climbing for that line














The Kingshouse Hotel, when it still had character


I had a great day riding with this guy on Coe





Amazing Lunar scapes from the ski resort 


When you need to go, you will find a way!


Celebrating the reward!





 

Comments

Popular Posts

Music